What To Do If You Have a Claim


What to do if you are involved in an auto accident:

  • Contact the police immediately.
  • Do not leave the scene.
  • Take pictures of the accident scene.
  • Get the police report number.
  • Exchange the following information with all involved parties:
  • Date and Time of accident
  • Name of road and closest intersection, City and State

Other Driver’s information:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • Insurance Company
  • Policy number
  • Insurance agency
  • Year, make and model of vehicle


  • Name 
  • Address 
  • Phone number
  • Call your agent (260) 480-0208


What to do after a loss to your home:

  • After a fire has damaged your home,  you may need to call a contractor to secure the home and disconnect utilities. Do not dispose of any damaged items.
  • In the event of water damage, it may be necessary to stop the flow of water by turning off the main water supply to the home or contacting a plumber. Remove as much water as you safely can from the home to prevent further damage.
  • If wind/hail or another act of nature causes damage to your home, make temporary repairs and protect the property from further damage.
  • If your home has been burglarized or vandalized, notify the police, secure the home and take an inventory of the damaged or stolen property.
  • If you incur a power outage, unplug computers and other electronics to avoid possible electrical damage from a power surge.
  • Make sure to take the steps to prevent further damage to you property.
  • Call your agent (260) 480-0208

File a Claim Directly with your company:

Grange Claims:
Auto glass claims: 1-800-951-9734 
West Bend Claims:
TravelNet emergency roadside assistance: 1-877-922-5246
Auto glass claims: 1-877-922-5246
State Auto Claims:
Auto glass claims: 1-888-504-4527
Indiana Farmers Claims:
Auto Glass Claims – call 1-877-592-2702
Important! Claims involving the following circumstances should be reported to 1-800-666-6460 immediately! 
  • Your home is unlivable
  • You were involved in an accident involving serious injury
  • You are reporting a Worker's Compensation Claim
  • You require immediate assistance

Email your agent

Schultheis Agency contacts: